Friday, June 18, 2010

Raving-Symoné


Inspired by Justin Tan


From White Darker Than White


The above is my long overdue response to one part of a friendly debate Justin and I had, the second part of which pertained to whether I am justified in giving a swift rust-can kick to R2D2's goldenboy status in favour of the literally golden, erudite, and misunderstood droid that is C3PO. I think that it is a much needed addition of whimsy and fun to the corpus of this blog, though Mark doesn't seem to think that it qualifies as "lighthearted," perhaps because his definition of the word doesn't include verbal vitriol pasted to the face of an evil child; to each their own haha.

Long live Cosby and Koos!

by J. J. Baylon

2 comments:

  1. hehe... That's SO Raven! Hilarious show that. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cosby Show (and Family Ties) taught me almost everything I need to know about life that I couldn't get from Michael Landon, MacGuyver or The Littlest Hobo. You can blame your little sibling for almost everything, Lisa Bonet (and Justine Bateman) make me feel funny, kissing ass makes for limited appearances (Elvin), and most of all always self-promote...i.e. "The Cosby Show" vs. "The Huxtables". Here's a battle for the ages: Dakota Fanning and Rudy Huxtable in a no-holds-barred little miss obnoxious know-it-all fight to the death, the winner gets to star in movies playing a 6 year old that acts like a 12 year old but really comes off as a small version of their off-screen snotty parents. This actually applies to R2 and 3PO, I think the same-sex bickering is reminiscent of Bert and Ernie, Pinky and the Brain and Betty White and Bea Arthur; when it comes to a popularity contest the smart one always loses...does that say anything about us?! JT

    ReplyDelete